Monday, May 12, 2008

Shama Sikander – Dhoom Dadakka




Shama Sikander is a known face from television courtesy her TV serial ‘Yeh Meri Life Hai’ on Sony TV. She played the lead protagonist there and gained instant fame. Although her career on television was rocking with that show the films that she got after that were not. But now she seems all set to make a comeback to the big screen with Shashi Ranjan’s Dhoom Dadakka starring opposite Sameer Dattani.

“The film Dhoom Dadakka is a situational comedy and I am playing the female lead in it, it’s about a don (Anupam Kher), that’s looking for an heir to his property. There comes a change in the story when four different characters show up to claim that property.”

“Basically im a very jolly person and freak out on comedies so I would love doing them.”
“Also I made a conscious decision to stay away from television for a while as there was nothing substantial for me to do since I was not interested in doing the usual saas bahu sagas, and the film offers that were coming my way were not too exciting. But having said that let me clarify that I am not averse to doing television as I will be doing a reality show on Sahara One. It’s a singing show.” said Shama.

No comments: